Who is our neighbor? How are we called to be Christ in the World?
Opening to the people around a congregation, discovering both the gifts and the needs in our neighborhood, discerning how a church is called to live our faith walk in the world — that is a challenge that calls forth the creativity, the innovation, the hope for Christians today.
Here are some resources to inspire thinking and discernment around neighboring.
- http://neighboringmovement.org — this is a blog about neighboring
- http://www.broadwayumc.org/who-we-are/ — Broadway UMC in Indianapolis focuses on resources and gifts. They live out Asset Based Community Development — This is an explanation
- http://www.artofneighboring.com — Book and resources
- Monastery in the world is a movement that lives out neighboring.
- Mission Wisdom uses space to create community around them — https://www.missionalwisdom.com/resources/
- Jonathan Hargrove-Wilson’s leadership — https://www.schoolforconversion.org/about-us
- There are even apps and social networking to foster neighborhood. Consider becoming a moderator of such a group.
- A facebook page